These instructions and rules form part of the agreement for participation in this show.
- A completed form, photos and deposit must be received for your application to be considered.
- PHOTOS: Photos are required with your application and should be uploaded into our DropBox
account. Please upload 5 photos, (including 1 booth /table set up) showing the type of handmade
items you will be displaying at the sale. You will find the DropBox link via the following page on our site: Photo Submission
- If you wish to share a table with another artisan, both artisans must apply and be accepted. Shared tables are permitted only when both participants have applied and been accepted to the show individually. Two exhibitors/artists may only apply to share a single wall or aisle table. Corner spaces are not available to be shared.
- Deposit is fully refundable if we are unable to offer you a space.
- Deposit is refundable minus a $5 administration fee if you withdraw/cancel your application prior to the jury meeting.
- Once accepted to the show: If you need to cancel, contact us as soon as possible. Fee is only refundable according to the following criteria:
- Cancellation prior to September 1st – refund available minus $10 administration fee only if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation after September 1st – a refund minus a $15 administration fee MAY be received if a suitable replacement can be found for your space and if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation after October 1st – no refunds will be provided.
- PAYMENT INFO: A $40 deposit must accompany your application to reserve you space. If we are unable to offer you a space your deposit will be refunded.
- You may send your deposit via e‐transfer to email@example.com
- OR you may send a cheque after you have submitted an online application. Make cheques payable to NS Art & Craft Sale. Contact us for the mailing address and with any questions you may have.
Show rules are listed here: http://nsartcraftsale.com/ufaqs/vendor-artisan-agreement/
Who May Apply
Applications are open to Nova Scotian artists, crafts people, authors, bakers/confectioners, etc., who produce handmade art and craft.
- All merchandise in the Show must be hand‐crafted and offered in finished form. Kits, supplies and resale merchandise is not permitted.
- MLM and other distributor type products and services are not permitted.
We use the word “jury” because it is commonly used in regard to a professional show. However the term ‘curate’ may be more descriptive of the process. We limit the number of makers per category; and our makers do not have to compete with imported and mass‐produced items as we only accept handmade products. We strive to maintain a high level of quality and variety in those items offered at the show, thus ensuring we do not saturate the show with any one type of craft. This creates an optimal selling environment for our artists and the best shopping experience for our shoppers.
It is our goal to promote and support Nova Scotia makers, everything we do is with that goal in mind.